The most important part of your baby’s growth and development is you.
- Your relationship with your baby promotes growth and development
- Development starts AT BIRTH
- Your baby grows and develops by interacting with parents and caregivers
- Brains grow best when babies are held, comforted and understood
- Watch your baby – because babies give signs to tell you what they need
Although babies are helpless at birth and in the early years, they come ready to react to the world around them. The most important part of their world is you. By making a baby feel loved and meeting needs such as food, sleep and comfort, they will come to see the world as a safe place. This will allow their brain and body to grow and develop. Caring relationships will prepare their brain for the future.
To find out more information, check out:
This and other exclusive tips from the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics are shared via Bloomz, the app connecting parents and educators everywhere. Want to get them on your phone? Invite your child’s teacher, coach or care provider to sign up for a free Bloomz account.