The newborn baby may be helpless, but is born ready to learn and develop in many areas.
- Your baby can start learning right away.
- Your baby turns their head when they hear their mother or father’s voice.
- Your baby grasps a finger placed in their palm.
- Your baby calms when talked to quietly.
- Your baby turns and opens their mouth when their cheek or lips are touched.
The newborn baby may be helpless, but is born ready to learn and develop. Learning to roll, crawl, and walk are some examples. Babies also develop feelings and behaviors by connecting with you and other people. Let your baby’s behavior capture your attention and love!
For more information, check out:
This and other exclusive tips from the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics are shared via Bloomz, the app connecting parents and educators everywhere. Want to get them on your phone? Invite your child’s teacher, coach or care provider to sign up for a free Bloomz account.